Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2015 National Hunt Chase aka the four miler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 National Hunt Chase aka the four miler

Last edited by Old Vic; 22 January 2015, 11:42 AM.

Odds

<iframe width=720 height=900 src="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11Qfx96vbrTCS9ktGdtyLOJK0NDc4nz6jb_9ksEIKCww/pubhtml?gid=361640478&amp;single=true&amp;widget=t rue&amp;headers=false"></iframe>
    Last edited by Lester; 6 March 2015, 06:13 AM.

Comment

I'd rather be on Wounded Warrior at 10s. Don Poli will be heading for RSA ?

I might be backing a bit heavy on Meade horses at Cheltenham

Comment

Originally posted by Morning Glory View Post

Tipped the the Speiler

Gigginstown have 8 entries including 2nd favourite Wounded Warrior (10/1), who was really impressive stepped up to 3m for the first time over fences when running away with a competitive Grade 2 at Naas last time, beating Rule The World by 9½l. He’s rated 148 and even if Don Poli runs, the vibes are that Wounded Warrior will join him. There’s only a few pounds between them, with Wounded Warrior being less exposed. The sort of good, quick ground that we got on the opening day of last year’s Festival might be a concern, but watered, dead ground would be fine. He looks have to strong claims with the step up to 4 miles looking likely to suit.

Comment

Originally posted by Morning Glory View Post

I like this horse and think the stepping up will suit. Though I think he will make too many mistakes for a win purpose.

Any idea who may be on board?

Comment

Originally posted by loveracing View Post
            I like this horse and think the stepping up will suit. Though I think he will make too many mistakes for a win purpose.

Any idea who may be on board?
            Nina Carberry ?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
              Nina Carberry ?
              Good shout. She was knocking on the door in 2012 & 13.

Comment

Return Spring opinions ?

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
                  Return Spring opinions ?
                  RS seems to blow hot n cold. He ran a good race behind Kings Palace, though his last 2 runs would be enough to put me off.

A tough one.

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
                    Return Spring opinions ?
                    40/1 in a few places - and better age profile than my pick.

Is Royal Player going for 4 miler or RSA ?

Comment

@RacingTrends: @carvillshill Meade sounded like he wanted to run VEry Wood in the NH Chase rather than Wounded Warrior.

Comment

Noel Meade of course has care of the 2014 Albert Bartlett hero and he said: "I don't know what was wrong with him. He can be a bit funny at home but he has started looking better recently and felt better.

"He worked well on the flat at Punchestown with Apache Stronghold and Texas Jack, and that has been nicely boosted since.

"He's a Cheltenham winner so he has to go back if he's alright. My initial reaction is to go for the four miler but it's up to Eddie and Michael (O'Leary) what they want to do."

Comment

Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
                          Noel Meade of course has care of the 2014 Albert Bartlett hero and he said: "I don't know what was wrong with him. He can be a bit funny at home but he has started looking better recently and felt better.

"He worked well on the flat at Punchestown with Apache Stronghold and Texas Jack, and that has been nicely boosted since.

"He's a Cheltenham winner so he has to go back if he's alright. My initial reaction is to go for the four miler but it's up to Eddie and Michael (O'Leary) what they want to do."
                          Yes Bryan Cooper seems desperate to ride Don Poli in the RSA because he couldn't wait to nominate this horse for the 4 miler.

Comment

Barry's Blog

CAROLE'S DESTRIER ATR Tracker took my record for Neil Mulholland to three wins from ten rides in the Weatherbys Hamilton Chase. He was short of pace going to the fourth and third last but I didn’t put the gun to his head and he ultimately finished off really well to win going away. It’s worth remembering that he’s still a novice and I think he can improve, especially over further.

Comment

Originally posted by Lester View Post
                              Barry's Blog

CAROLE'S DESTRIER ATR Tracker took my record for Neil Mulholland to three wins from ten rides in the Weatherbys Hamilton Chase. He was short of pace going to the fourth and third last but I didn’t put the gun to his head and he ultimately finished off really well to win going away. It’s worth remembering that he’s still a novice and I think he can improve, especially over further.
                              Can't wait for the handicaps to be release! I think tomorrow right?

Comment

Working...
                              X