Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2015 Champion Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Champion Hurdle

2015 Odds

<iframe width=720 height =500 src="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11Qfx96vbrTCS9ktGdtyLOJK0NDc4nz6jb_9ksEIKCww/pubhtml?gid=592616170&amp;single=true&amp;widget=t rue&amp;headers=false"></iframe>

The 2015 thread starts on Page 2.
    Last edited by Lester; 6 March 2015, 06:37 AM.

Grandouet out by the look of it. Will Hendo just go with Bino. Could switch Oscar W switched back to 2 miles .

Comment

Tipp Preview

All panel feel Hurricane Fly has no dangers in Champion Hurdle..
      Robbie Power feels Oscars Well will run well but cannot beat Hurricane Fly in the Champion Hurdle.
      Shark Hanlon says Hurricane Fly is the best he's seen in a long time.

Exeter Preview
      Paul Binfield thought Zarkandar had a decent chance of beating Hurricane Fly
      Paul Nicholls thought he had a chance and would be better than he was at Newbury
      Also said Zarkandar was on anti-biotics and would finish the course next couple days, but seemed OK.Also thought Rock on Ruby was way overpriced on form with Binocular
      Brampour will run and may have EW squeak, Celestial Halo will take his chance
      Andrew King thought Binocular was the EW bet, impressed with last win
      Last edited by Guest; 26 February 2012, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Work away Forced Kin. God idea. Mick Fitz on ATR.
        I am a huge fan of ZARKANDAR in the Champion Hurdle and I think he represents real value against the somewhat fragile Hurricane Fly. He did very well to overcome a very slow pace in the Betfair Hurdle at Newbury and the form of his Triumph Hurdle win at last year's Festival has worked out incredibly well.

Comment

LUKE HARVEY

Obviously Hurricane Fly is the horse to beat in the Champion Hurdle but nevertheless I was very impressed with BINOCULAR's performance in Wincanton's Kingwell Hurdle.

Not easy to get right, Nicky Henderson's former champion jumped beautifully under Tony McCoy to beat good yardstick Celestial Halo easily. McCoy told me afterwards it was the best he'd felt since winning the Champion Hurdle in 2010 and like Invictus should start at an each-way price.

Comment

Warwick Preview CL = Charlie Longsdon at =Andrew Tinkler
            CL: Hurricane Fly is outstanding and I expect him to win. I hear Zarkandar didn’t come out of his Newbury win brilliantly.
            AT: Binocular looked great at Wincanton and I will be really surprised if he is not in the first three. I preferred him to Grandouet as our main hope even before Grandouet had his setback.
            KM: I could win on Hurricane Fly. The Evens keeps getting wiped out every time someone offers it on the exchanges.

Comment

Luke and Nicky agreeing on Bino ..

I thought we would be going into the Champion Hurdle with three runners along with Spirit Son and Grandouet but it shows how fickle this game is. So we are down to one but with what we saw at Wincanton maybe one will do.

I know he is not everyone's favourite but I love him and he is pretty unlucky not to have had a higher Cheltenham profile as I thought he may have won three Champion Hurdles by now. But life has not been easy for him - or me - and consequently he deserves to have a right shot at it this year.
              I am going to back him ew now. back later

Comment

Cant see any of these getting near Hurricane Fly. Binocular and Oscars Well for the places.

Comment

PHIL SMITH: You need a 170+ rated performance to win, so the most likely horse to achieve that is Hurricane Fly but I would definitely look outside the first one in the betting. Binocular achieved his second highest career rating when winning the Kingwell Hurdle at Wincanton and Zarkandar achieved a mark of (160) in the Betfair Hurdle at Newbury, but he is going in the right direction and he is bound to come on for the run and will appreciate the fast pace.
                  CHARLIE MORLOCK : Binocular thrives on his racing and it was a blessing in disuse when Grandouet was ruled out at Wincanton. We never seriously considered running him until the day before. AP always says a run sharpens him up and he wasn’t fully prepared for his last run as he was 2lb above his usual racing weight. He will come on for that run and will have one good piece of work before the Festival. The wind-op has done him the world of good and AP said he hasn’t had this type of feel from the horse for a long time. Hurricane Fly however still remains the one to beat.
                  LEE MOTTERSHEAD: I think Hurricane Fly will win the race, but there is no value at 4/6. Binocular is the value bet at 5/1 and he’ll go off a lot shorter on the day.
                  DECLAN RIX: Nothing can beat Hurricane Fly, he came back to life last time out, he’s still only eight and is physically at his peak. The each-way bet for me has to a Thousand Stars at 25/1; this is a silly price as he was 4th in the race last year.
                  GEORGE PRIMAROLO: There is absolutely no value in Hurricane Fly – He is still a bit fragile and there are always question marks about his well-being. My each-way bet has to be Rock on Ruby at 14/1 as he loves Cheltenham and stays up the hill. Peddlers Cross is also interesting at 25/1 NR NO BET, if he doesn’t turn up you get your money back, if he does he will be nowhere near that price on the day.

Comment

Carlow

All agreed that Hurricane Fly was an absolute certainty.

TONY MULLINS said “even another outbreak of foot and mouth won’t stop him."

DAVY RUSSELL said “Binocular is also a very good horse but that he has issues." ( dont we all davy)

PATRICK MULLINS said Thousand Stars was more likely to go for World Hurdle.

Comment

bangor

Hurricane Fly is given a rave reviews by the majority of the panel for the Champion Hurdle however the other correlation is a liking for Maguire’s mount Overturn who was agreed by all to be the best priced e/w horse in the field. Binocular is doubted by Chapman but is praised by all jockeys after really good reports from Henderson while Zarkandar isn’t mentioned that much. Most agree that it isn’t the strongest of renewals but is still fascinating.

Comment

Dunraven
                        P Hobbs: Hurricane Fly will let everybody down soon, can't trust the Montjeus. (The Coolmore table nearby are well impressed!)

Comment

Pricewise previously tipped Oscars Well in the Champion Hurdle.

Comment

Amyone for Overturn w/o the Fly ....14/1 ?

Comment

Hope you backed it FK.

Comment

Working...
                              X